Chronicles of A Down Low Brotha

Caught Between Two Worlds

Monday, January 10, 2011

So It's been a minute... a few days...

Okay so it's been a minute, so happy new year muthafuckas!! lol so a lot of shit has been popping off since the holidays, thanksgiving, Christmas, and the new year are all a blur.  I've been wrestling with several things that I have going on in my life.  Its usually like this praying and wrestling, wrestling and praying!  Yeah I do pray, but seems as if God is not talking any calls right now.. lol...the angels say, "Oh he's in a meeting right now, can he call you back?" .....and yes I'm still waiting.

Not much has happened other than James who is really feeling me is turning up the heat on his pursuit.  I'm not sure whether I'm afraid to let myself throw caution to the wind, or that I have my eyes on other possibilities.  But we've been talking via text and he is always so understanding and cool, and genuinely shows his concern for me that he's thinking about me, and wants to see me be happy.  I wish I could tell of a hot steamy mind blowing sexual encounter that I've had but honestly, I've been laying low.  Taking this time of the year to think about what I can do to make my life, my business, and myself better.  I made up this year, I would have no drama!!

The holidays have been interesting, the usual typical fights and kicking me while I'm down! The holiday's usually turn my wife into princess layla, but after the tree comes down, and the last bottle of champagne is popped for the new year, Freddy Krueger seems to return.  Somehow I'm thinking this shit is for the birds.  In another post I'll explain how she always finds a way to cuss me out and twist the knife deeper.

I have a son who I know loves me but he's now entering the teenage years, and I'm so fearful that I didn't do everything right.  He treats me with respect, but I am struggling now because I want us to have a close bond and him to talk to me but I don't know how to get him to open up!  I am afraid that one day he'll be grown up and secretly resent me for something I did not do or say, like I sometimes resent my own father for not being there for me.

Well last week, I received a call from a blast from the past.  It really caught me off guard, but as I sort through this I will let you know......  ugh!!  choices, and decisions.....  look out because its the new year and I'm back!!

2 comments:

  1. "but seems as if God is not talking any calls right now"

    LOL!! :) We all feel like this sometimes..Happy New Year!

    ReplyDelete
  2. I know you hate the journey @ times, but you have to stay on the path.

    ReplyDelete